Where to Buy Quilling Supplies
My first question to my cousin (who introduced me to quilling) was: “Where do I buy supplies?”
And my second was: “What do I buy?”
Though I cover quilling essentials in my post Quilling 101: Tools of the Trade, I didn’t provide a comprehensive list of where to buy supplies.
If you’re like me, you prefer to buy everything in one place. That way you get the biggest bang for your buck. And for the most part, Quiled Creations has provided this service for me.
But… sometimes you want something a little different, a little unique and their product lineup doesn’t quite cover it. So this post will serve as a where to go to get this, that, and the other. And, of course, as I discover more suppliers, I will add them here. If you have a favorite supplier or tool or paper that you don’t see on this list, let me know and I’ll update it.
- Quilled Creations – pretty much one-stop shopping for all your basic quilling needs. Carries the best tools I’ve found and a considerable selection of paper. My favorite Quilled Creations items are the Savvy Slotted Quilling Tool, the Mini Mold, and the Needle-Nosed Glue Bottle. I love their paper too! Bold, bright, solid, and thick! One of the owners just released a book on quilled mandalas that is very nice too!
- Quilling Supply Company – This was the first “specialty store” that I found. They have paper from many different companies, so you have a choice, and they also carry GILDED PAPER! Yay! Can you tell Iove gilded paper? Beyond gilded, they have some unique tools and background papers too! I think this is where you can get the larger size workboards (but I prefer a good old-fashioned slab of 2″ foam).
- Little Circles – I just recently found this company because of a Facebook post, and I’m glad I did. They offer the only (that I know of) heavy cardstock weight strips on the market. It’s called On Edge and it will be the outline strip of your dreams. They also have a huge lineup of colors in their regular weight line. They offer convenient bulk packs of paper which make it tempting to buy all their colors at once instead of choosing individual colors.
- JJ Quilling Design – This company is the master of the gilded paper. They also carry other unique styles like pearlised and holofoil. Their selection is huge and it’s really worth a trip to their site. What makes them unique is that you can have their strips cut to specific widths. I recently had a large bath of giled paper cut for me because you can only buy 1/8″ and I only work with 1/4″. That was important and well worth the shipping from the UK. It’s cheaper to get stuff in from the UK than it is to send stuff to the UK.
- Lake City Craft Co (quilling.com) – They must have been pretty early in the quilling supply game to have snagged that URL! I haven’t bought from them personally, but they have a big selection of colors and papers and even a line called Touch Of which is gilded gold and silver or colors. They offer these in 3/8″ which is pretty unique.
- Quilling Superstore – I have bought stuff from this company and if I recall, their strips come in a longer length than normal. That’s a nice feature if you’re counting inches per dollar. They also have a variety of tools, workboards, and accessories.
- Whimsiquills – Another supply company that carries a variety of brands paper, tools, and accessories. This site has a LOT of tools to choose from as well as a huge lineup of papers. Definitely worth checking out!
- Custom Quilling by Denise – Again, I haven’t shopped here, but it’s on my list! What I found intriguing about Denise’s site is that she sells storage baggies. I have been here before and keep forgetting to buy some. She also carries almost all the major brands, including imported items.
- Elegant Quilling – Holy Crap! EIGHT different widths available in 125 colors. Isn’t that amazing? Talk about being able to experiment with your quilling technique! Aside from that interesting part, they have a huge lineup of tools and more.
- Who Else Should Be On The List and Why? Let me know!